Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Will Like To Represent Nigeria - Sammy Ameobi

Newcastle Forward and Eagles Striker, Shola Ameobi’s junior brother Sammy Ameobi has said he would love to be given the opportunity ti play for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Photo: I Will Like To Represent Nigeria - Sammy Ameobi 

Sammy was born in Newcastle in England to Nigerian players, he had played for the Flying Eagles then later switched to England.

He featured in the Flying Eagles game against Saudi Arabia and Egypt in 2011.
Then he went back against his word and took up a call from the England u-21 side and only featured in the games against Iceland and Belgium.

 Sammy however explained that he was in Brazil to see his senior brother feature for Nigeria and wants to also experience such an event in his life.

He said: “It will be a great honour to play for Nigeria. I would love it. I have seen how it has been with my brother and the World Cup was a great experience, which I would love to experience and help make sure Nigeria participates in again”
.
He also explained his relationship with his brother.

“He has always been there for me. Whenever I needed advice, he would volunteer it; and also when I tried to make moves that might have derailed my career, he was quick to pull me back on track. It is great to have a proper professional as an older brother.”

“I am no longer a kid, I am in the last year of my contract with Newcastle and I have to start it with a bang. I have had a lot of injuries which I am hoping I have gotten over now, so I need to play very well to either get a new contract with Newcastle or be able to make a good move elsewhere,” he added.

Sammy was born on May 1st 1992 to Nigerian parents living in Newcastle, he has played 28 times for Newcastle FC but scored no goals yet.

He has two older brother who plays football, Tomi in Edmonton Canada and Shola in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...

Share This